[jakartaee-tck-dev] 2021 program goal: reduce hardcoded dependence on a fixed implementation

We had a goal in our 2021 program plan in the Advance Implementation Neutrality slide to "reduce hardcoded dependence on a fixed implementation."

A key part of that in my mind was to ensure that:

 1. We don't need GlassFish specifically to release the TCK
 2. People who run the TCK do not need to download and setup GlassFish

From my experience with Jakarta EE 9.1 TCK you still had to download, unpack GlassFish and set GF_HOME for the TCK to function, regardless of what implementation is being tested.

Is my observation correct?

--
David Blevins