Re: [jakartaee-tck-dev] Make PortableRemoteObject.narrow call optional and https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/jakartaee-tck/pull/718

ejb_1x_optional is also used within EJB 1.x tests to control whether tests that depend on PortableRemoteObject#narrow are used.

On 4/16/21 3:49 PM, Scott Marlow wrote:

On 4/16/21 3:27 PM, Scott Marlow wrote:

Hi,

We will merge the jakartaee-tck/pull/718 [1] change which uses the `ejb_2x_optional` keyword to make the PortableRemoteObject#narrow calls optional.  For those that already specify the `ejb_2x_optional` keyword and have an implementation of
PortableRemoteObject that they can use on Java SE 11, you should be able to keep running the TCK as you have been.

^ didn't come out right, ^H^H^H^H^H^H...

We will merge the jakartaee-tck/pull/718 [1] change which uses the `ejb_2x_optional` keyword to make the PortableRemoteObject#narrow calls optional.  For those that do not specify the `ejb_2x_optional` keyword and have an implementation of
PortableRemoteObject that they can use on Java SE 11, you should be able to keep running the TCK as you have been.

For others that do not have an implementation of PortableRemoteObject to use on Java SE 11, you can specify the `!ejb_2x_optional` keyword to disable the tests that call PortableRemoteObject#narrow (when you test on Java SE 11).  You might consider running with `ejb_2x_optional` enabled for some of your test runs on Java SE 11 just so you can see the results of other tests that don't rely on PortableRemoteObject#narrow but are also currently grouped under `ejb_2x_optional`.

IMO, we should add some text to the Platform TCK User Guide that explains ^.  Agreed?

Scott

[1] https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/jakartaee-tck/pull/718

Back to the top