Re: [jakartaee-tck-dev] Relaxing signature testing

On 3/18/21 10:43 AM, Kevin Sutter wrote:
>  Another alternative could be for us to maintain a static list of annotations to ignore.  The `annotation ignore list` would only be updated during the development of a Jakarta EE release (e.g. likely via a code change).

That's the alternative that has the slippery slope of when to say when....

Does it help enough if we also add the qualification that we would only exclude annotations that have CLASS/SOURCE retention policies?  Such that RUNTIME annotations are never excluded and only some CLASS/SOURCE annotations are excluded.

Back to the top