Re: [jakartaee-tck-dev] committers: The jakartaeetck-nightly-run-master job will now prompt for the tests to run

On 7/1/20 4:42 PM, Steve Millidge (Payara) wrote:
Looking at that run it is still validating resources so not sure the System property is set. You should hit this line  https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/glassfish/blob/f5208511b0d1b4a24624b04895fa0b0f598848b3/appserver/deployment/dol/src/main/java/com/sun/enterprise/deployment/util/ResourceValidator.java#L101 but I can still see validateResource in the stack trace.

Thanks Steve, I need to spend some time setting up "podman" locally to run GlassFish (so I can verify changes like this locally).

https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/jakartaee-tck/pull/352 is the new change to attempt this.

Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Marlow <smarlow@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: 01 July 2020 21:32
To: jakartaee-tck developer discussions <jakartaee-tck-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>; Steve Millidge (Payara) <steve.millidge@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [jakartaee-tck-dev] committers: The jakartaeetck-nightly-run-master job will now prompt for the tests to run

On 7/1/20 10:59 AM, Scott Marlow wrote:

On 7/1/20 6:54 AM, Steve Millidge (Payara) wrote:
I’m not sure. I recognise the stack trace coming out of the
deployment validator. In Payara, a few years back, we fixed bugs in
this area whereby the server is attempting to validate JNDI resources
during deployment that are not there yet as they haven’t been created
yet in the deployment. I’m wondering whether the switch to
auto-deployment is hitting those bugs.

I created a gist of the failure at
https://gist.github.com/scottmarlow/6272a32cef23585696a17fce642b21f3
for future reference.

I did a diff of changes we made for EE 9 Platform TCK and do not see
any references to "deployment.resource.validation".

As you suggest, we can try working around what might be a deployment
ordering issue, caused by the switch to deploying via file system
(which really should work).  Workaround to try is
-Ddeployment.resource.validation=false.

https://ci.eclipse.org/jakartaee-tck/job/jakartaeetck-nightly-run-master/54/
is running with the change to use -Ddeployment.resource.validation=false
for tests that use Jakarta Mail tests.

Scott

The system property switches off this resource
validation which isn’t necessary.

Just a hunch.

Steve