Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] Concurrency TCK without remote EJB, javax.rmi.RemoteException

Ok, we discussed this during the spec committee call and it is not so clear, so I'll use this PR as a test case for what is allowed. It is being raised to the spec committee via email.

On Jun 29, 2022 at 5:26:07 AM, Steve Millidge (Payara) <steve.millidge@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

OK I’m not that familiar with the TCK challenge process and service releases. I thought we could only exclude or workaround challenged tests in a service release. I didn’t realise we could fix them.

If we can that’s great.

Steve

From: jakartaee-platform-dev <jakartaee-platform-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Scott Stark
Sent: 29 June 2022 03:00
To: jakartaee-platform developer discussions <jakartaee-platform-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] Concurrency TCK without remote EJB, javax.rmi.RemoteException

Nothing in these changes violates the definition of a service release to address a tck challenge in the tck process as far as I see. They are not new tests and the existing remote interface usage is an implementation detail of the test. The only time a minor release is mentioned in the tck process is for the case of adding new tests.