Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] Come up with new name for the Concurrency implementation project

Le dim. 3 avr. 2022 à 00:33, arjan tijms <arjan.tijms@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit :
On Sat, Apr 2, 2022 at 9:01 PM Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibucau@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Eclipse Jakarta Concurrency? (Foundation Subproject project pattern)

That's more or less the API name now, which is Jakarta Concurrency.

Eclipse is what makes it an implementation - this is what we often used at apache and avoids to have a hobbit or witch name which never means anything until it is a mainstream and known by everybody project.

Stays simple and not ambiguous (compared to synchro since there is no synchronization tool there).

Synchronicity is the quality or fact of being synchronous.

Synchro tends to means barriers/join/... in IT + spec is more about being async than sync, this is why I found it ambiguous from an user side.

Kind regards,
Arjan Tijms