Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] [jakartaee-tck-dev] Jakarta Authentication TCK

Hi,

On Tue, Mar 29, 2022 at 11:21 PM Olivier Lamy <olamy@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

One issue is that the Arquillian deployment there uses the output from the Maven build in the IT fase, which is likely not going to work when using *-test.jars. For Authentication it may be easier though, but we'll still have to adjust the archive creation there and be very careful with the packages.

not sure I understand you here? Is the problem with faces project?

Not specifically with Faces. In general you can do testing using surefire (unit tests) or failsafe (integration tests). The latter runs when the result of the build is available, so you can use the war that the module has built. The advantage is that when you use this, you can very easily manually deploy and try out the exact war that the test also uses. And it's convenient that you can just point to a war to deploy and don't have to use the shrinkwrap builder to include all classes and resources one by one.

But, I guess, the disadvantage is when you use such a test module via a -test.jar. Namely, the war is being built at the point that the IT test runs, but not installed yet. So you can't refer to it via coordinates. So if you want to use test-jars, you may have to split it into two modules; 1 module building the war, the other module running a test using that war referring to it by coordinates.

Also, how would we most easily include the test jars? Just manually list them all under <dependenciesToScan>? and document the list in the Guide?

they only need to be dependencies of the project.
then dependenciesToScan support wildcard pattern so we can include everything for a groupId
<dependencieToScan>groupId:*:*:*</dependencieToScan>
or even sub groupIds
<dependencieToScan>jakartaee.tck>*:*:*:*</dependencieToScan>

Thanks, might be something to try at least.

Kind regards,
Arjan Tijms

Back to the top