Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] [jaxrs-dev] [External] : Re: Jakarta TCK package naming convention

I cannot see that a concensus was actually found. iJUG is voting against this decision.

-Markus Karg

iJUG Vice Embassador at Eclipse Foundation

Von: jaxrs-dev [mailto:jaxrs-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] Im Auftrag von Emily Jiang via jaxrs-dev
Gesendet: Dienstag, 18. Januar 2022 19:39
An: jakartaee-platform developer discussions
Cc: Emily Jiang; jsonp developer discussions; Scott Stark; jakartaee-tck-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx; jaxrs developer discussions; jsonb-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Betreff: Re: [jaxrs-dev] [jakartaee-platform-dev] [External] : Re: Jakarta TCK package naming convention

Just provide a quick update on this thread. We discussed the TCK namespace again at today's Jakarta Platform call. The conclusion for the tck namespace is as follows.

o   General agreement that ‘jakarta’ namespace (starting with ‘jakarta’) must be avoided in EE10 TCKs

o   Any non-’jakarta’ namespace is ok for EE10

p.s. I started a vote to get one TCK package namespace (ee.jakarta.tck.[spec]) approved by the Jakarta spec committee, which will be concluded tomorrow. I will share the result then. If that package name is approved, it  can be used to replace the jakarta.* in EE 10 TCKs.

Thanks

Emily