Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] [External] : Re: Jakarta TCK package naming convention

Le mar. 11 janv. 2022 à 19:04, Scott Stark <starksm64@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit :
The issue for EE10 is if TCKs are delivering application deployments under the jakarta.* package namespace, which implementation will challenge this as invalid?

Add any standalone spec x ee env (jsonp in tomcat for ex).
Think all are hackable...with custom hacks which is bad for something written in the spec so if some plan to rerelease tck just after a jakarta.tck release is done id say it is acceptable if not it would be naother negative signal IMHO.

Historically (Jakarta EE 9 and earlier), tck deployments were under a vendor specific package namespace, com.sun.*, org.jboss.*, etc.

The short term issue is whether the use of jakarta.* package deployments is going to cause problems with getting sufficient compatible implementations certified.

The long term issue is whether the use of the same root as the specification APIs is the right thing to be doing. In terms of simple filtering of application deployments I would say no.