Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] Standardizing new TCK packages (was: package prefixes for Jakarta Batch TCK-related classes? org.eclipse.ee4j.batch ?)

Sounds like a good improvement to me as well

Le mar. 4 janv. 2022 à 22:00, David Blevins <dblevins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :
> On Jan 4, 2022, at 12:23 PM, Emily Jiang via jakartaee-platform-dev <jakartaee-platform-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> I had this matter discussed in today's platform call. Below is the suggestion for the naming convention:
>       • [Emily] Package naming convention for TCKs?
>               • Packages for TCK starts with various names, e.g. org.ibm, org.jboss, org.eclipse, jakarta.[spec].tck etc,
>               • Should they be standardized?
>
>       • Two things need naming standard:
>               • Packages
>                       • Suggested Naming Standard: jakarta.tck.[spec]
>                       • New classes in existing TCKs should use the new name standard
>               • Artifacts
>                       • Same group id as the spec
>                       • Artifact ids [foo]-tck
>       • Existing TCKs may change if they like
> New TCKs must use the new name standard
>
> The above is the general consensus from the meeting. I will start a new thread conversation for others to comment on the naming convention.

Others can chime in, but I like the above recommendation.  Using jakarta.tck.[spec] is just as good as org.eclipse.jakarta.tck.[spec], perhaps better.

Also agree that it should be standard across the various TCKs.

-David