Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] Release profiles independently

Perfect, thanks Ivar!

--
jesse mcconnell
jesse.mcconnell@xxxxxxxxx

On Tue, Mar 16, 2021 at 12:50 PM Ivar Grimstad <ivar.grimstad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Tue, Mar 16, 2021 at 6:44 PM Werner Keil <werner.keil@xxxxxxx> wrote:

More than one maybe two additional profiles were not suggested e.g. by Scott Stark’s document or the call today.

As for MicroProfile, Config may Benefit because it has fewer upstream depencencies than most of the other MP stuff. And except RestClient (ideally folded into REST because that is really a Logical candidate for that) the majority of others are „glue“ and not real specifications of their own, so they would not make much sense in some Kind of profile outside MP itself.

Look at Spring Framework vs. Spring Boot, most of the core funcationality like config properties existed long before Spring Boot and there’s a reason the other functionality like Health Actuators etc. did not become part of the Spring Framework itself either.

Werner