Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] Java 11

Thank you, Rudy. Concise and unambiguous, as I love it. :-)

-Markus

Von: jakartaee-platform-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:jakartaee-platform-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] Im Auftrag von Rudy De Busscher
Gesendet: Samstag, 26. Dezember 2020 18:18
An: jakartaee-platform developer discussions
Betreff: Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] Java 11

> Specification APIs must be compiled to Java SE 8

as decided on Jakarta EE Platform, December 15th. see https://eclipse-ee4j.github.io/jakartaee-platform/minutes/2020-12-15.html

Regards

Rudy

On Sat, 26 Dec 2020 at 18:10, Markus KARG <markus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Recently it was decided that Java 11 will be mandatory for Jakarta EE 9.1, but I wonder what this actually allows / enforces. So please officially clarify (please only official decision but not "I think" or "My 2 cents are" or other non-binding comments…):

* Specifications MAY use Java 11 specific APIs and Java 11 key words like "var"?

-or-

* Specifications MUST still be able to be used on JRE 8?

Thanks!

-Markus