Von: Markus KARG
Gesendet: Samstag, 26. Dezember 2020 18:10
An: 'jakartaee-platform developer discussions'
Betreff: [jakartaee-platform-dev] Java 11

Recently it was decided that Java 11 will be mandatory for Jakarta EE 9.1, but I wonder what this actually allows / enforces. So please officially clarify (please only official decision but not "I think" or "My 2 cents are" or other non-binding comments…):

* Specifications MAY use Java 11 specific APIs and Java 11 key words like "var"?

-or-

* Specifications MUST still be able to be used on JRE 8?

Thanks!

-Markus

Back to the top