Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] Releasing api jars to central

Of course on the invididual spec level committers who are independent or work for smaller companies than Oracle, IBM, Payara, etc. are very welcome to help, but it is mostly Arjan (in almost a dozen of them) or Markus (only REST from what I saw), myself (I mentored 3 in the Spec Committee and help those where I am a project member as much as I can) and maybe one or two others, but for all the other specs it is up to employees of a few larger vendors and it is usually the same people who are responsible for 3-6 Jakarta EE specs, at least one or more MP specs and some probably have to support either their Commercial products or customers on top.

Werner

Von: Werner Keil
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 19. November 2020 13:32
An: jakartaee-platform developer discussions
Betreff: Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] Releasing api jars to central

That’s because some have too many "hats" and things they juggle in parallel.

E.g. Steve and Payara just submitted yet another version of their Server for Jakarta EE compatibility (still 8 of course) while others especially TomEE have not even done so ever since Java EE 6 !!!

Most contributors try to put up a redundant MicroProfile WG with its own infrastructure and administrative burden like meetings and calls instead of true synergy in one ecosystem, so there are multiple votes for each of them which causes them to lag behind in many cases both in Jakarta EE and MP. Unless many of them hire twice as many people that is unlikely to change.

Werner

Gesendet von Mail für Windows 10