Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] [jakartaee-tck-dev] Finalizing the TCKs

Amelia,

Adding platform-dev ml...

The Platform call wasn't scheduled for today, so perhaps next week there can be discussion about the below. I did think more about this and would like to propose a few adjustments to give the community enough time to give feedback but also meet our schedule constraints.

With regard to Standalone TCK deliverables, we can easily stage new builds of each Standalone TCKs, however we can only promote a specific versioned Standalone TCK once (with the last promoted TCK version targeted for EE 9 final release).

So from a TCK perspective, I propose that contributors review TCK documentation and create pull requests over the next N days, where N is to be discussed further (perhaps N could be 10 calendar days including some non-working days or some other duration yet to be discussed).

Whatever N is for the final date to create TCK documentation pull requests by, each SPEC API ballot could work off of an initial promoted TCK (e.g. assuming no TCK test failures and initial TCK doc changes are merged).

If subsequent TCK documentation pull requests come in after the SPEC API ballot, the SPEC lead (or TCK team) could push a new staged Standalone TCK update that could then be promoted with the updated TCK documentation.

The only negative is that each Standalone TCK that is promoted after the respective SPEC API ballot is approved, would need to be copied to http://download.eclipse.org/jakartaee (along with SHA sum).

I suggest that we start following ^ this week if no there are no reasons presented as to why we cannot abide by the current schedule for SPEC API ballots and also still merge in further TCK documentation changes from the community (while we have time left for doing that after SPEC API ballots complete but before EE 9 is final).

More responses inline below.