Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] [jakarta.ee-spec.committee] Last steps in Spec. approval?

Kevin/all,

I wonder, if this PR I created to solve the remaining issue of Jakarta Annotations and modularity: https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/common-annotations-api/pull/79 also has to wait till the ballot?

Werner

From: Kevin Sutter
Sent: Tuesday, August 4, 2020 00:23
To: Jakarta specification committee
Subject: Re: [jakarta.ee-spec.committee] Last steps in Spec. approval?

Ed,
The PRs are not merged until the ballots are completed.  At this point, if you are happy with the PRs and feel they are ready for ballot, then you should mark the PRs are "Approved" (from a Review standpoint).  That should be the indication that a Spec Committee member has done due diligence on reviewing the PRs and they are now ready for ballot.

Once the ballots are initiated, then the vote is open for two weeks.  Once the ballot is approved, then we have another checklist to perform post ballot, which can be found here:  https://github.com/jakartaee/specification-committee/blob/master/spec_finalization_checklist.md

All of the items in the _index.md files should be in their expected final form/location.  The keys should not change just because they are promoted (that's what we determined for Jakarta EE 8).

Hope this helps!

BTW, most/all of this is documented in our Operations Guide:  https://jakarta.ee/committees/specification/operations/
If this needs some updates and clarifications, please submit PRs to make the instructions better.  Thanks!

Kevin Sutter
STSM, MicroProfile and Jakarta EE architect @ IBM
phone: tl-553-3620 (office), 507-253-3620 (office)
LinkedIn: