|Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] Fair rules for"optional" TCKcompliance tests|
My summary reading of the EFSP wrt optional is;
- Jakarta EE Platform specification is a specification under the EFSP and therefore specification rules apply.
- A specification can have optional parts which must be mutually compatible I.e. you can implement all optional parts
- All optional parts must be covered by the TCK
- A specific compatible implementation doesn’t have to implement optional parts.
- A specification version must identify at least one compatible implementation that does implement all optional parts at release review.
Therefore by definition if the platform specification has optional parts that nobody wants to create a compatible implementation for then that specification version can not be released.
So as in my previous email the solution in the Jakarta EE 10 timeframe is to aggressively remove all optional parts of the platform that nobody is prepared to implement.
Back to the top