From: Steve Millidge (Payara)
Sent: Monday, July 6, 2020 15:40
To: jakartaee-platform developer discussions
Subject: Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] Fairrules for"optional" TCKcompliance tests

Hi Hussain,

What you write is correct but missed one last vital point from the EFSP see below (emphasis is mine).

The Specification Team must provide evidence that cited Compatible Implementations fulfill all requirements of the TCK and that at least one Compatible Implementation implements all optional aspects.

AFAIK only GlassFish currently implements all optional aspects of Jakarta EE 9. Therefore the Jakarta EE 9 release is dependent on GlassFish being the first amongst equals Compatible Implementation. The fix is to remove Optional parts in Jakarta EE 10 that nobody is prepared to support in their implementations OR accept that GlassFish is “special” and resource it appropriately.

Steve