Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] Question about removing Jakarta Deployment (JSR-88) in Jakarta EE 9 porting package...

Hi,

On Tue, May 26, 2020 at 3:44 PM Scott Marlow <smarlow@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/jsonb-api/pull/221 mentions the possibility of being able to run the updated TCK tests on an application server with Arquillian, however, I don't that addresses how to convert RI (or vendor implementation) deployment descriptors to instead use an Arquillian API that lets the Arquillian appserver/container connector do the equivalent of each deployment descriptor (e.g. see *sun*.xml files under https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/jakartaee-tck/tree/master/src/com/sun/ts/tests/jms/core/bytesMsgTopic).

If I understand those files correctly, they only have to be deployed, right?

In that case, it's a matter of having equivalent files available for every implementation, assuming of course implementations can do this via files. Otherwise it boils down to Arquillian extensions which the vendor of a CI provides and that sets up whatever it is these deployed files set up.

As an example, the Java EE samples JASPIC tests have different files for setting up the vendor specific role mapping:

In this case I just deploy the entire archive:

But you can have an extension as well, where the vendor adds the appropriate file to the archive that's being deployed. This is what the Arquillian based MP-JWT TCK used, when in version 1.0 there were no standard files yet to configure various aspects. The vendors added those files using an extension.

Kind regards,
Arjan

Back to the top