Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] [glassfish-dev] Removing Jakarta Enterprise Web Services, JSR 109 from GlassFish or not?

Hi,

On 5/12/20 10:04 PM, arjan tijms wrote:
Hi,

Indeed, this just concerned 109 which is not JAX-WS. Removing it from the GlassFish code would, in my opinion, not be deleting the code but moving it to its own project.

I've done part of this move years ago when I tried to move it to metro-jax-ws project but never found time to finish it as other priorities were showing up, so that work actually never left my hard drive. Not sure I still have it somewhere... Anyway for the move to be possible, tests (TCKs and others) should be in place and working to avoid breaking stuff.

That way it could still be tested (and GlassFish could still be used for that), but it just would not be included in the downloadable and certified GF disto

Anyway, maybe we can consider this for a future GF version.

...count with ~2 weeks should you want my ETA for this :-)

thanks,
--lukas

Kind regards,
Arjan