Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] Removing Jakarta Enterprise Web Services, JSR 109 from GlassFish or not?

If GlassFish is the reference implementation of WS then you cannot remove it and the TCK tests have to support it.
I would be really happy if Jakarta synchronized the work with the group at IETF.
If the SOAP RFC is updated then Jakarta has to support WS and keep updating Jakarta spec.

Removing this spec kills the banks and government systems.

Finally, Jakarta EE must have this spec forever.
The application server may implement it or not. And this is what I understand by "Optional" except for the reference implementation.

Back to the API. JAX-WS and JAX-RS have different philosophy.
The RS is only a subset of WS, where WS can be used to e.g. transfer money over the bank accounts but RS works only with "data" as a resouce. Not everything is a resource.

Feel free to propose a new RFC at IETF and a new API over JSON and miscellaneous implementations over JMS, HTTP, ...
Removing it is simple but creating a new one is difficult...