Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] Splitting JSP-API IMPL off to a separate project

On Mon, Apr 13, 2020 at 8:31 AM arjan tijms <arjan.tijms@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

The impl folder in the jsp-api project (https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/jsp-api/tree/master/impl) contains what was initially called the Sun JSP-RI implementation.

To make jsp-api a pure spec/api project, I think it would be best to split off the impl to its own project under github/eclipse-ee4j. This has been suggested before by various stakeholders.

I wonder what generally the thoughts are on this.

If positive, one thing we need is a name.

My own proposal would be "WaSP" - Web-application Server Pages, but there are probably more suggestions.

Not sure if any of these are legal but some more: jsp-impl, jsp-pages, pages, server-pages, server-paiges.

Regards,
Scott

Kind regards,
Arjan Tijms