Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] [EXTERNAL] Re: TCK tests in the same repo as API andSpec

In my opinion, shell script integration "doesn't count".

I know how to write a shell script that runs A and then runs B.  That's the easy part.

The integration I'd like, and that we may not be able to achieve, is to only have to configure the TCK once - where is the app server, how do I deploy to it, where is the database server, where is the LDAP server, where will I find log file output, how do I configure which tests to run, etc.

If we had unified configuration for "old" and "new" test suites, that would make a big difference.  At some level it's "only software" so it should be possible, but I doubt that it's worth the effort.  I think it's unavoidable that I would need to write both an Aquillian adapter and a CTS deployment adapter to allow me to deploy to my new app server.

Also, remember that JavaTest has a GUI that allows you to configure and run the TCK.  Would we expect to integrate the new style TCKs with that GUI?  I wouldn't think so.