Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] Adding generics to API for Jakarta EE 9?

On Wed, Feb 5, 2020 at 12:34 PM arjan tijms <arjan.tijms@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was thinking to add missing generics to the Jakarta Authentication API for Jakarta EE 9. This is a binary compatible change. Jakarta Expression has done this too. Obviously the TCK signature file needs to be adjusted for this, but it has to be adjusted anyway for the javax -> jakarta change.
>
> Thoughts?

Hi,

I wonder if adding generics could break EE 8 applications that depend
on MethodHandle#invokeExact [1]?  I'm not sure if that would be a
concern but am curious what others think.

Scott

[1] https://docs.oracle.com/javase/8/docs/api/java/lang/invoke/MethodHandle.html#invokeExact-java.lang.Object...-