Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] TCK tests in the same repo as API and Spec

Andy Guibert wrote on 1/31/20 12:13 PM:
> Lance and Bill,
>
> The current approach I've taken is actually quite flexible, and is mainly
> inspired by the way MicroProfile does its TCKs. It can easily be pulled into
> any other project using Maven and the tests are simply executed with JUnit.
> Once the JSONB TCKs are moved, I was planning to update the jakartaee-tck repo
> to pull in the JSONB TCKs as a maven dependency and still have them run and
> hook into the same entry points as before, so from a "CTS team" perspective
> nothing would change.
The CTS doesn't use Maven or JUnit.  You'll need to explain more about how
you're going to use Maven and JUnit with the existing CTS structure.

> As Dmitry said, we can hold off on the modifications in the jakartaee-tck
> repo, but long term we really need to get the TCKs split out. As one of the
> spec developers I see this as an essential quality-of-life improvement so it
> was on the top of my list of TODOs for EE9.
Absolutely we need to do this long term.  If you're going to put together and
promote a complete plan for doing it, that would be great!

Back to the top