Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] Tracking progress of Jakarta EE 9

It’s fine to create a new repository dedicated for Jakarta Platform management. But, there are some disadvantages:

1. Only developers who has access to this repository will be able to update issues. If you want to update it yourself, it’s fine. If you want people who work on tasks to do it, you will need to give them rights.
2. I think it’s better if all project related tasks are stored in one place which is a project issues tracker. Adding another tracker will make developer’s life more complicated.

IMO, the beast solution would be if you (or whoever else managing a platform release) has rights to manage issues in all eclipse-ee4j organization repositories. In this case no new repository is needed, all issues are created in a project they belong to and you can edit them, create labels and do all management work without limitations.

- Dmitry