From:        "Kevin Sutter" <sutter@xxxxxxxxxx>
To:        "jakartaee-platform developer discussions" <jakartaee-platform-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:        12/04/2019 15:07
Subject:        [EXTERNAL] [jakartaee-platform-dev] New, modified votes coming...
Sent by:        jakartaee-platform-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,
Yesterday's Platform call was eye-opening in the sense of all of the new ideas and comments that came flooding out.  There were many opinions expressed and that is all appreciated!  But, we still need to come to a conclusion soon and propose a solution for Jakarta EE 9.

To that end, Steve and I met and discussed all of the pruning and adding of the various Specifications and Features.  We read through all of the emails (again) and discussed the various Platform calls we've had on this topic.  We know we can't please everyone, but we think we have come up with three new proposals that will be acceptable to most of us.  We want to verify our thinking by proposing these three new votes via separate emails.  We are looking for the same type of +1/0/-1 voting.  If you vote a 0 or -1, please explain your reasons in the reply.

Just to give you a flavor of the votes (without the detail), the votes will be centered on Pruning, Optional (javax namespace), Optional (jakarta namespace).  The actual voting notes will have the detail.

We will start these votes today and run them through next Tuesday, Dec 10.  That gives almost a full week.  Since we have all been discussing these items for weeks now, I think providing a vote by next Tuesday is acceptable.

And, one final Thank You!  The input for the Sizing Exercise has been encouraging...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EN5UEzxFV1Buk7yqdQAweaynWJ3UNn2BjN7blXn9vh4/edit#gid=0

I'm seeing many updates through out the various components.  Much appreciated!  But, we're still looking for more input...  We need to get a reading on a prospective End Date for Jakarta EE 9 -- month or quarter in 2020.  Eventually (by Dec 13), we will need to propose a Release Plan with a Date and we'll use the data received.  So, please consider reviewing the spreadsheet and providing any data that you can.  Thanks!