Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] VOTE: Specifications to add inJakartaEE 9

I think that could be the best Option adding it to a newly defined "free form" profile somewhat similar to what MicroProfile does in many cases (the mandatory features are extremely few and all others are "mix and match") instead of the full or web profile.

Werner

From: Bill Shannon
Sent: Wednesday, November 27, 2019 18:23
To: jakartaee-platform developer discussions; Kevin Sutter
Subject: Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] VOTE: Specifications to add inJakartaEE 9

After further discussion within Oracle, we're now willing to support not adding JAXB to Jakarta EE 9.

But it does seem like there might be enough community interest in JAXB to consider moving it ahead as an independent EE4J project and potentially an updated JESP spec (i.e., a standalone spec using the jakarta.* namespace but not included in the Jakarta EE platform spec).