Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] VOTE: Specifications to Prune in Jakarta EE 9

I'm going to defer to the EJB experts on this one.  David?

There's some interaction between the choice of client view API and the ability to support interoperability that I don't fully understand.  And this ties into the much hated javax.rmi.PortableRemoteObject.narrow.

As I remember, the new client view is simpler, but doesn't allow for interoperability, so if we're getting rid of the interoperability requirement, we don't need the old client view.

But David can tell me if I got that wrong.