Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] Rename Jakarta EE 9 to 8.1, introduce the Java Modularity in Jakarta EE 9 and fastfeaturereleases

Hi,

On Mon, Nov 18, 2019 at 11:58 PM Kevin Sutter <sutter@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Attempting to define appropriate templates for the module-info.class files for every API in time for the Jakarta EE 9 release is probably pushing it.  Since we're trying to eliminate or limit the new features going into Jakarta EE 9, my vote would be to leave this module-info.class idea off the list.

Absolutely, even things that seem tiny tend to add extra time, especially when it's a platform wide thing that must be coordinated with all projects.

That being said, if my proposal of going for separate Jakarta EE 9 on JDK 8 and Jakarta EE 9 on JDK 11 certifications, with the requirements for the latter released on a later date, is accepted, then we *might* consider looking at the module-info.class for that potential JDK 11 release.

Kind regards,
Arjan

Back to the top