Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] Rename Jakarta EE 9 to 8.1, introduce the Java Modularity in Jakarta EE 9 and fast featurereleases

Hey Werner,

I did not say that "only Jigsaw". I mentioned Jigsaw because I have never seen it as a plan in Jakarta. Other features are expected of course in every major release.

Question: Can we add "module-info.class" to every API/JAR in JakartaEE 9.0?

This would be an additional feature I would  say.
I hope it would not break the EE apps on JDK 1.8.0.

If the impl follows the API dependencies, then it should be no problem to "unplug" the impl modules while the some APIs are not used by the EE application.
Then I can imaging Cloud EE Container which enables/disables these APIs and their implementations upon the deployment of modular WAR.
Is the API a service in Cloud then? It can be maybe seen just like that!

Cheers
Tibor17