From: Martijn Dashorst <martijn.dashorst@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 11/5/19 3:20 AM (GMT-05:00)
To: jakartaee-platform developer discussions <jakartaee-platform-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] Java SE 8 or 11 for Jakarta EE 9?

As a user of the Jakarta EE technologies (yay! we're on Jakarta EE 8,
and run fully on Java 11), I wouldn't mind if the Jakarta EE 9 would
require Java 8 as a minimum. As long as it doesn't preclude us from
running our preferred application server on Java 11 and beyond. Should
that make both Java 8 and Java 11 be requirements, we don't mind.

As long as the migration is short, without breaking stuff--other than
the package rename. What happens with Jakarta EE 10 and beyond is
another worthwhile discussion.

Looking forward to learn more about the plans...

Martijn Dashorst