Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] Oracle's position on Jakarta EE 9

A great part of that delay was due to non technical issues. The community will need to take a more important role now and that will hopefully accelerate things.

El mié., 2 oct. 2019 21:09, John Clingan <jclingan@xxxxxxxxxx> escribió:
My SWAG on Java EE —> Jakarta EE was 12 months. It was ~24 months.

Whatever the consensus SWAG is, double it :-)

On Oct 2, 2019, at 10:55 AM, Mike Milinkovich <mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 2019-10-01 12:22 p.m., Bill Shannon wrote:
See attached for Oracle's proposal for Jakarta EE 9.  We look forward to
continuing this discussion.

Possible very dumb question: Does anyone want to take a SWAG as to how fast we could ship a Jakarta EE 9 release which conformed to Bill's proposal? Are we talking March 31, 2020? June 30, 2020? 2021?

--
Mike Milinkovich
Executive Director | Eclipse Foundation, Inc.