From: Dominic Büchner <dbuechner93@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 6/26/19 8:13 AM (GMT-05:00)
To: jakartaee-platform developer discussions <jakartaee-platform-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] Transitioning Jakarta EE to the jakarta namespace

IMHO it looks easier to run through a Big-Bang transition than picking every single depended API with the big risk to miss one or the other...

Greg Wilkins <gregw@xxxxxxxxxxx> schrieb am Mi., 26. Juni 2019, 09:40:

Isn't the next step to go through the graph and identify APIs that are likely to rename if we go incremental, we can then follow the dependencies to see which APIs would be left over - ie exactly how incremental can we be.

I'll go first... while it has not been formally agreed, there is an active group around javax.servlet and I fully expect there to be demand for at least some incremental change in the EE9 timeframe, so javax.servlet and all it's dependencies can be put in the very-likely-to-be-renamed-regardless category, which then affects:
  • javax.faces
  • javax.security.enterprise
  • javax.security.jacc
  • javax.servlet.jsp