[jakartaee-platform-dev] Java EE Guardians Statement on Oracle/Eclipse Agreement

Hi ,

As a member of Java EE Gaurdians and who has had many hands-on experiences with Java and Java EE would say :

I was mesmerised when the MicroProfile had brought up by Eclipse and I believe that Jakarta EE is going to be kind of gauranteed the future with this quite fancy and useful framework blueprint (standard) in the serverless solutions because nowadays most enterprise corporations and companies think in serverless solutions and cloud native based microservices.

MicroProfile has been using in lots of  enterprise projects with different implementations like Thorntail (formerly wildfly-swarm) , OpenLiberty , MicroPayara , Helidon , Quarkus , Micronaut , ...

I suppose, in both server-side and server-less solutions, Jakarta EE has got a lot to say so all enterprise architects and senior java develpers would be quite happy to have various alternative to use for building their systems architectural building blocks and at the end, I'm going to say, Jakarta EE and MicroProfile with more steady steps should keep going ahead.

Who would have thought that we could have a standard for creating microservices with fully featured framework like MicroProfile.

As far as I have seen, there are lots of projects which have been migrating to use of MicroProfile as their microservice framework , we'll give our hands qith eclipse foundation if it's needed to improve such a fancy things to help developers.

* It would be nice if we saw Microprofile as a Jakarta EE context
* Package name as before might be better to change to jakarta
* Enhancement of Jakarta EE and releasement should be speed up

Best Regards,
Hamed Hatami

Back to the top