Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] Java EE Guardians Statement on Oracle/Eclipse Agreement

Hi,

Also to chime in and state my preference early and briefly

Migrate all from javax.* to jakarta.* as a key foundation of Jakarta EE 9.

It is clearly understood that each API has an ‘owner’ and clearly this discussion is only focussed on Jakarta EE packages.
There will always be dependencies in any API / project and the naming of these are the domain of the owner.
Jakarta EE is dependent on the JDK and I don’t believe it clarifies by dragging the JDK into the debate, rather we should be focussed.

Regards,
Mike Love
mike.love@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Cell: +27 74 090-4095