Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] Transitioning Jakarta EE to the jakarta namespace

I agree that JakartaEE must find a policy about backward compatibility.
And I fear there is much more to think about:

a.) so far JavaEE has been incredible backward compatible from a code aspect. It was way harder to move from one vendor to the other than from one version to the next!

b.) I _hope_ that JakartaEE is moving much faster than JavaEE which sometimes took 4 to 5 years per version. So the requirements for backward compatibility is much higher in my opinion. While it's ok to do bigger changes every 5 years, it's not likely to happen every 1.5 years.

c.) If we have a strict javax.* to jakarta.* for certain packages then this can be auto-transpiled via class transformer, etc. Even consuming both at once. So I personally don't think about this as a normal backward compat change.

LieGrue,
strub