Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] Transitioning Jakarta EE to the jakarta namespace

I'm having trouble understanding the difference between Big Bang and Incremental proposals with regard to what I think is a key issue: The mixing of javax and jakarta namespaces in a single application.  In the github proposal for Incremental, it says over and over again that the result would be mixed namespaces.  But the Big Bang never says that yet it does say "Any packages not moved from javax to jakarta could be included in Jakarta EE, but would be forever frozen and never move to the jakarta namespace."   which is exactly the same thing, right?  So if Big Bang allows for mixing of namespaces why doesn't the proposal for that say so?  What am I missing?

The cons for Incremental go a long way to arguing that this mixing is an issue, yet the Big Bang, if that proposal as written in github is followed, does not. I think we need to decide if Big Bang allows mixing or not. It's been my understanding that Big Bang moves EVERYTHING over not just what we think matters. That is also a key difference that seems to get lost with that one statement I quoted above.

I could have captured this in a JIRA ticket, I suppose, but I think it would simply be lost and never discussed.