[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] Transitioning Jakarta EE to the jakarta namespace
- From: David Blevins <dblevins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 7 May 2019 12:10:38 -0700
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
There's naturally an "I want to go as fast as possible" theme in many of the response. This is good.
There's also a naturally a tendency to view version numbers as dates. This is not accurate. Putting more in a release doesn't make it come sooner.
Using no version numbers whatsoever, here are the most likely potential release windows based on effort:
- Any release of Jakarta EE that is identical to Java EE 8. Achievable this summer or early fall. Low risk.
- Any release of Jakarta EE that contains any form of namespace change. Achievable late fall to winter. Medium risk.
- Any release of Jakarta EE that contains any new features or pruning. Achievable mid to late next year. High risk.
Others can chime in, but I don't believe the rough framing of these dates is way off.