I am happy to help with the Jakarta EE samples. I am a Java/DevOps developer (I have been developing in multiple languages and frameworks for about 16 years), I really enjoy the JEE ecosystem, and I have been looking for an open-source project to contribute
I have a few questions, since I am new to contributing to Eclipse projects (and this project).
That's probably enough questions for now (and I don't need answers to all of them to get started
🙂). I'm looking forward to helping out!
- What are the current goals or roadmap for this project?
- To make the GitHub repo itself more self-contained for understanding the samples, with a wiki, READMEs, etc.?
- To showcase the basics of all the JakartaEE specs/subprojects?
- To provide an entry point for developers new to Jakarta EEs?
- What is the current status of the GitHub repo?
- Are the issues current and valid?
- If so, should we start conversations with these issues, to more fully understand the intent?
- What are the constraints around tooling and versions?
- Should we target only Java 8?
- Are there restrictions on IDEs/editors used, and/or are there "testing" requirements to ensure that samples function correctly across the spectrum of tooling?
- Should we focus on current version minus one for application servers, or is there a list we should target (e.g., in the Maven profiles)?
- Is there anything you would like us to start with first? Tests, docs, wiki, new code?
From the cornfields of Illinois, USA