Re: [jakartaee-examples-dev] TheLearningServlet

I’ll get to work on this. Sad about logging. Initially I thought I’d use the logger out of the container but it couldn’t work without a valid servlet container. I assume I can just use jul directly and point to a local properties file.

From: Manfred Riem <m_riem@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, April 23, 2020 2:07:09 PM
To: jakartaee-examples developer discussions <jakartaee-examples-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: arjan tijms <arjan.tijms@xxxxxxxxx>; mriem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mriem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>; Ken Fogel <omniprof@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [jakartaee-examples-dev] TheLearningServlet

Hi Ken,

Great work.

I like to point out that all the other examples assume to ONLY use JakartaEE API and JavaSE API and no external dependencies.

So the logging part should be using java.util.logging.

And the package names will also have to be adjusted to use similar package names as the other examples use.

And last but not least the license header does indeed need to be there.

Other than that looking good.

Thanks!

Manfred Riem