Re: [jakarta.ee-spec] Jakarta Data Proposal

> On May 16, 2022, at 9:58 AM, Otavio Santana <otaviopolianasantana@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> On Mon, May 16, 2022 at 5:35 PM David Blevins <dblevins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On May 16, 2022, at 9:03 AM, Otavio Santana <otaviopolianasantana@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Hello everyone.
>> As we talked about three months ago, we wrote the spec proposal to Jakarta Data.
>
> Where was that conversation?
>
> the discussion on JPA and NoSQL e-mail list:
> https://www.eclipse.org/lists/nosql-dev/msg00111.html

Thanks for that link.  It's difficult to understand what is concretely being proposed from that thread.  The article from two months prior appears a bit more focused on creating a repository interface.

Is the initial goal to create a repository interface or is it bigger than that?  Can you tell me is the goal to create an abstraction over JPA and NoSQL or are you looking to create separate specifications, one specific for JPA and one for specific for NoSQL?

-David

Back to the top