Skip to main content

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index] [List Home]
[] Jakarta EE Spec Committee Approved Meeting Minutes - September 8th, 2021

Jakarta EE Spec Committee - September 8th, 2021 [1600 UTC]

Attendees (present in bold):

Kenji Kazumura - Fujitsu

Dan Bandera - IBM - Kevin Sutter, Tom Watson

Ed Bratt - Oracle - Dmitry Kornilov, Lukas Jungmann

Andrew Pielage - Payara

Scott Stark - Red Hat - Mark Little, Scott Marlow

David Blevins - Tomitribe - Jean-Louis Monteiro, Cesar Hernandez

Ivar Grimstad - PMC Representative

Marcelo Ancelmo - Participant Member - Martijn Verburg

Werner Keil - Committer Member

Jun Qian - Primeton - Enterprise Member 


Eclipse Foundation: Tanja Obradovic, Paul Buck (chair), Wayne Beaton

Past business / action items:

  • Approval is requested for the meeting minutes from the August 25th meeting as drafted - Approved.


  • Ongoing tracking spreadsheet of individual specs progress through the JESP

    • Jakarta EE 10 Plan Review - Candidate specifications

    • Getting the CDI 4.0 ballot underway and finalizing the creation of Jakarta Config [Wayne]

      • CDI to be re-created under the IPL (from CPL) to proceed as per track issue

        • What if there was a service release required for CDI 3.0? It would be done by the new project under IPL.

        • As a result of this process, no history will be lost.

        • Committers will be required to confirm their ongoing interest to be a committer on the project under IPL

        • Concern was raised with regards to the “old” project going away. A snapshot could be taken or a new repository created of the repo at creation time for archival purposes. 

        • Ed Bratt (Oracle) objected and requested that a new repository be created. 

          • This will be accomplished by creating a new repository that holds the code as it is today. This request will be made providing the Creation Review ballot is successfully completed

        • Bean Validation will request re-creation under IPL at some point. Scott to consider when. Input from the committee is to do it soon while application of this process is fresh.

      • Jakarta Config - re-balloting to finalize the Creation Review, the previous ballot was invalidated

        • Need the Config project to identify which patent option they prefer: IPL or CPL? Project to decide by noon CET on Thursday, September the 9th.

        • The project is also considering changes to the Scope statement

        • With these updates in place the Creation Review can be re-initiated

      • If a spec project is requesting a ballot for a spec under CPL, they are required to first go to the SC for approval for the exception (simple majority) [EMO to capture as a best practice]

  • Discussed updates to the tracking spreadsheet for the Jakarta EE 10 Release Reviews and decide if a column to track CIs is needed. Paul to revise the spreadsheet before the next scheduled call.

  • Presentation and demo of using GitHub Actions for spec process task automation [Lukas Jungmann]

    • Thanks Lukas for all the hard work to write the Github Action and the demo today, the Specification Committee strongly endorses what you have done here!

    • Lukas to create a PR with the NodeJS Action against the Spec Committee’s repo

      • Others are encouraged to build on what Lukas has done to improve the coverage

Back to the top