[jakarta.ee-spec] Ratified Implementations and special designation in the eyes of users

I appreciate there was consensus on today's spec committee call to mark the implementation used for certification with a star.  We also commented that if we would alternate the time of the meeting, we should do more over email, so hopefully my feedback is welcome despite missing the meeting.

Can we find another way to document the implementations used for the vote?

I have many concerns about the concept of RIs.  A big one is the years of difficult experience competing against an implementation the public sees as special or more official than yours.  The fundamental tenant of Advance Implementation Neutrality is to make sure we're not doing that.

If we want to document the implementations used for the Release Review, can we simply include a link to the relevant CCRs in the "Release Review" section of the page?  It could be right under the vote totals after the text "The ballot was run in the jakarta.ee-spec mailing list.  The CCRs used for the ballot were: [link1] [link2]"

This would have it documented, but the list of implementations would look neutral and one would not stand out over the other.

Thoughts?

--
David Blevins
http://twitter.com/dblevins