Re: [jakarta.ee-community] Jakarta Starter 1.0.0 Released!

Edwin Derks wrote (ao):
> @Sander Maven is still the standard way of building Jakarta EE
> applications. I have heard people say that Maven is too "limited" and too
> "rigid" for their applications. I'm genuinely curious as to what kind of
> applications people are developing where Maven as a build tool is
> "limiting". In this context, what features would Gradle bring to the table
> that would improve building Jakarta EE applications?

I'm simply using gradle myself, have nothing against maven (if that is even possible ;-) ).

Having choice is good, and if Jakarta EE supports gradle it would be nice to offer it on the starter page.

[1]OpenLiberty supports gradle which works for me.

       Sander

1. https://openliberty.io/start/

Back to the top