Re: [jakarta.ee-community] Jakarta EE 9 Release Landing Page --

Hola Wayne,

Thank you in advance for your feedback. I am pulling into this thread because I wonder who gets to adjust the Jakarta EE mailing lists?
The community does the review, but who is in charge of executing the changes? Thank you!

Jakartees,

Topic 3 CLEAN-UP:  Jakarta EE Mailing lists inventory & recommended improvements.
There are 4 sections to each mailing list:
  1. Mailing list name and number of subscribers
  2. About the forum (description)
  3. Usage: email and archives
  4. Subscribe
As listed below, in the Jakarta EE Connect > Jakarta EE Mailings, issues are as follows:
  • no description consistency.  The description ought to start always with a VERB when call to action is the point.
  • Too many abbreviations. The assumption that everyone knows the technology is poor at best. We must step up and be kinder to newcomers.
  • The mentioning of EE4J is the forum description not necessary. EE4J is the parent technology, the umbrella. Jakarta EE is a member of the technology under EE4J.  We must be clear on the difference, and that starts with the mailing lists.
  •  the alphabetization of the mailing lists could be amazing
image.png

I have submitted issues in the order the emails are presented in the mailing list.
The https://jakarta.ee/specifications/ page was helpful with focused descriptions.  Yet that landing page still needs to be alphabetized for better user-navigation.  Kevin already submitted a nice issue on that! :)

PLEASE Find your favorite forums below and help review as you see fits.
Let's think about those who know nothing about Java EE or Jakarta EE but who might arrive at the Jakarta EE website... with curiosity.  Let capture his/her attention to this open-source ecosystem by showing that we don't take their lack of knowledge as a show stopper.  💪💙
  1. [Jakarta EE Mailing List Inventory Adjustments] Jakarta Bean Validation
  2. [Jakarta EE Mailing List Inventory Adjustments] Jakarta Annotations
  3. [Jakarta EE Mailing List Inventory Adjustments] Jakarta Contexts and Dependency Injection
  4. [Jakarta EE Mailing List Inventory Adjustments] Jakarta Concurrency #956
  5. [Jakarta EE Mailing List Inventory Adjustments] EE4J build (REMOVE) #957
  6. [Jakarta EE Mailing List Inventory Adjustments] EE4J Parent project (REMOVE) #958
  7. [Jakarta EE Mailing List Inventory Adjustments] EE4J PMC (REMOVE) #959
  8. [Jakarta EE Mailing List Inventory Adjustments]Jakarta Enterprise Beans #960
  9. [Jakarta EE Mailing List Inventory Adjustments] Jakarta _expression_ Language #961
  10. [Jakarta EE Mailing List Inventory Adjustments] Jakarta Enterprise Security #962
  11. [Jakarta EE Mailing List Inventory Adjustments] Jakarta Server Faces #963
  12. [Jakarta EE Mailing List Inventory Adjustments] Jakarta Interceptors #964
  13. [Jakarta EE Mailing List Inventory Adjustments] Jakarta Authorization #965
  14. [Jakarta EE Mailing List Inventory Adjustments] Jakarta Activation #966
  15. [Jakarta EE Mailing List Inventory Adjustments] Jakarta Community #967
  16. [Jakarta EE Mailing List Inventory Adjustments] Jakarta EE Specification #968
  17. [Jakarta EE Mailing List Inventory Adjustments] Jakarta Working Group #969
  18. [Jakarta EE Mailing List Inventory Adjustments] Jakarta Batch #970
  19. [Jakarta EE Mailing List Inventory Adjustments] Jakarta Examples- (RETIRE) #971
  20. [Jakarta EE Mailing List Inventory Adjustments] Jakarta EE Platform #972
  21. [Jakarta EE Mailing List Inventory Adjustments] Jakarta EE Specification Leads #973
  22. [Jakarta EE Mailing List Inventory Adjustments] Stable Jakarta EE APIs (Deprecate) #974
  23. [Jakarta EE Mailing List Inventory Adjustments] Technology Compatibility Kit (TCK) #975
  24. [Jakarta EE Mailing List Inventory Adjustments] Jakarta Authentication #976
  25. [Jakarta EE Mailing List Inventory Adjustments]Mailing list: javamail-dev (40 subscribers) #977
  26. [Jakarta EE Mailing List Inventory Adjustments] Jakarta JSON Binding #978
  27. [Jakarta EE Mailing List Inventory Adjustments] Jakarta RESTful Web Services #979
  28. [Jakarta EE Mailing List Inventory Adjustments] Jakarta XML Web Services #980
  29. [Jakarta EE Mailing List Inventory Adjustments] Jakarta Connectors #981
  30. [Jakarta EE Mailing List Inventory Adjustments] Jakarta Messaging #982
  31. [Jakarta EE Mailing List Inventory Adjustments] Jakarta Persistence #983
  32. [Jakarta EE Mailing List Inventory Adjustments] Jakarta JSON Binding #984
  33. [Jakarta EE Mailing List Inventory Adjustments] Jakarta JASON Processing #985
  34. [Jakarta EE Mailing List Inventory Adjustments] Jakarta Server Pages #986
  35. [Jakarta EE Mailing List Inventory Adjustments] Jakarta Standard Tag Library #987
  36. [Jakarta EE Mailing List Inventory Adjustments] Jakarta Transactions #988
  37. [Jakarta EE Mailing List Inventory Adjustments] jts-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx (remove) #989
  38. [Jakarta EE Mailing List Inventory Adjustments] Jakarta MVC #990
  39. [Jakarta EE Mailing List Inventory Adjustments] Jakarta NoSQL #991
  40. [Jakarta EE Mailing List Inventory Adjustments] Jakarta Servlet #992
  41. [Jakarta EE Mailing List Inventory Adjustments] Jakarta WebSocket #993