Re: [jakarta.ee-community] JakartaOne Hispano - How can we help?

Hola Jakartees,

What I love about this thread is that Cesar introduced for the very first time the JakartaONE Repo: https://github.com/jakartaee/jakartaone.org

The repo was never formally introduced to the Jakarta EE Community yet it was created 15months ago to enable anyone who is behind organizing via Volunteered participation to use it to not only track via issues the work on any activity with utmost care but also to welcome anyone who wants to help do so and ask questions directly via git tickets.

I saw early today a twitter message by the Barranquilla JUG community. My follow up via that medium welcomed Hillmer, a member out of the 5 who are currently behind the JakartaONE en Español Pilot (2020) to reach out.
We simply chatted for about 1hr. Hillmer didn't know about the JakartaONE repo, its value & reason for existence, NOW FIXED.

As a Latina as I am most excited for this pilot to shape up into something that not only scales via scalable processes that are proactively documented in Spanish in the REPO but also that many other future JakartaONE virtuals,  owned by future global communities, help to create & make better the documentation, that is yet to exist,  from each JakartaONE Virtual.

There are only 10 watchers on the REPO today.
You don't need to be a speaker to watch it, you don't need to be an organizer to watch it, you don't need to be a sessions' watcher to watch it.

There is so much that needs to be accomplished and documented on each JakartaONE Virtual via iterations.

As I stated to Hillmer, I will help as much as I can on the Spanish event via public mediums for many reasons but the most important reason is that JakartaONE Virtual needs to come into the light to be inclusive & understood as a driven - community - event
This is not solely so that sponsors reach out via git issues to say, "hey, we are interested in supporting this event" but also speakers, organizers, and everyone interested in the Jakarta EE space finds a way to not only support but also understand how important it truly is to bring events that are representatives of our communities.