[jakarta.ee-community] Looking for help with recreating editable images

Hi,
Throwing the net a bit wide on this one to see if we have any "artists" in our midst... We have a couple of diagrams in the Platform Spec that need to be updated for Jakarta EE 9.  They are currently in png format, which makes them very difficult to edit.  As an experiment, we recreated the two diagrams that were part of the Deployment chapter using inkscape (https://inkscape.org/) and creating svg format.  It took a little bit of work to recreate these diagrams, but now they are very easy to edit for future endeavors.  Here they are...

https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/jakartaee-platform/blob/master/specification/src/main/asciidoc/images/deploy.svg
https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/jakartaee-platform/blob/master/specification/src/main/asciidoc/images/deployment-schema.svg

I've created the following Issue for this effort:  https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/jakartaee-platform/issues/214.  We have two images that absolutely need to get updated, the rest of them are not required for Jakarta EE 9 and can stay in png format.

https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/jakartaee-platform/blob/master/specification/src/main/asciidoc/images/JavaEEarchitecture.png
https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/jakartaee-platform/blob/master/specification/src/main/asciidoc/images/JavaEEinteroperability.png

If any of you have an interest in helping out, just sign up by commenting on the Issue or letting me know directly.  We need to use open-source tools, so please don't suggest using some proprietary, off-the-shelf graphic editing software.  We experimented with several alternatives and inkscape seemed to be an excellent alternative.  If somebody has other alternatives, I'm open to other suggestions.  Simple is better...  Thanks!

Kevin Sutter
STSM, MicroProfile and Jakarta EE architect @ IBM
phone: tl-553-3620 (office), 507-253-3620 (office)
LinkedIn: