Re: [jakarta.ee-community] [jakartaee-ambassadors] Moving Forward Cargo Tracker

Hi folks,

thanks for your interest.
Right now I'm working with Reza to align Ellipse's branch with the original version of Cargo and ensuring that everything is working. We should be done this week.

The idea of integrating using a kanban board on GitHub is a good one. There will be a lot of things to do.

The main idea is to define branches of Cargo for each JakartaEE version and also for JavaEE 8 which is our starting point.
We'd like also to move the code and keep it up with the JVM versions but for now, the goal is to introduce all the features from Java 8. A lot of folks are still working with JavaEE and Java 8 or lower levels. So having a branch with JavaEE is for giving them a reference point.

Later I'll discuss with Reza regarding how we should divide the work. We could for example work on the different versions in parallel. But for me it would be important to have good consistency between branches. In my view, they should provide a clear understanding of the new features and also how to properly move from the version below to the new one.