[jakarta.ee-community] [Jakarta June 10th agenda additions] Things accomplished - WIP- Wishes/Asks- C2A

Friday Jakartees,

The excitement of Jakarta EE 9 release means that many are already talking about Jakarta EE via #vSessions, webinars, JUG groups, etc.
This is a direct call out to everyone who has recorded content to choose to add such video content to the Jakarta youtube PLAYLISTS
For now, to do so you must submit a git issue using the Website Repo:
Thanks Jakarta EF team for the prompt adjustments that improve the Jakarta EE website via its Resources page are:
  1. ADD: Jakarta EE Community Drive link] to the Resources Tab #782
  2. [ADD: Jakarta EE Public Calendar] to Resources page #781
  3. [Add Youtube Channel to website] Under Resources Tab #780
Community workINprogress task:
  1. [ADD Platform Tuesday Call recordings- past & future] to the Youtube channel #787  adjusted to Kevin S. via Community thread exchange June 1st:  "Quick follow-up... Ivar and I are going to bring up the topic of the github pages organization at tomorrow's PMC call.  We have some ideas on how to keep these pages better organized.  We've decided to focus on the parts that we have some control over versus attempting to fix the whole ecosystem...  Thanks."
  2. Marketing repo creation and its use (today, we use the website repo for everything) Ok, I choose to use it until the correct outlet is available. :)
  3. Would like to see items: Call2Action Media coverage using the Jakarta social channels (Twitter & FB)   can the project set up weekly/monthly  automatic reminders on things that welcome its Community to populate valuable content, etc  Specific examples are:
  • Jakarta Blogs: submit blogs via the Add Your Blog aggregate git issues: Guidelines
  • Jakarta Youtube: submit video content: not yet guidelines but needed before reminder is set up
  • Jakarta Mailing lists: subscribe to the Projects mailing lists using the barcode created and discussed  (thread) by this Community in March/April with revised versions submitted 3/30/20.
  • Jakarta TechTalks: submit your topics: scheduled your Jakarta EE Session
  • Jakarta Community Call: Add agenda topics you consider relevant for discussion before they arrive to the Community forum, etc
This message will be added to the June 10th agenda minutes.

Happy Friday,

image.png

Back to the top